CAMP MELODY 2014
THANK YOU FOR MAKING CAMP MELODY POSSIBLE EACH YEAR!
BECAUSE OF YOUR GIVING:
- Impacting boys ages 10-16 for 15 years
- Impacting girls ages 10-14 for 1 year
- Boys’ camp 2013: 75 campers and counselors, several boys accepted Jesus as their Savior, young’s boys wanting to serve and learn about God, camp theme was Brotherhood, developed the Corp group which is training boys between the ages of 15-16
- Girls camp 2013: 49 campers and counselors, our camp theme was: Oh, the Places You’ll Go, the girls lives were impacted and we saw lives changed
- Quote from Jamen who has been coming to camp for three years: “It is hard to adequately explain what Camp Melody does to any in just one week. Being in the new Corp program I wanted to impact many campers as I could. Honestly I could say that in one week I could see how many campers looked up to us and with that we were given the chance to pour into them just as I was poured into as a camper. Overall I can say that the camp is a blessing and it can be life changing to all who attends. I pray that it can continue for many more years.”
- This is comment from David who has been coming for two years. When reflecting on his week, he described the different activities he enjoyed including rifle shooting and archery. “It’s really just a great environment to be in” he concluded.
- Tim is a Camp Melody veteran. He’s been coming for years and shared with us his experience at camp this summer. “Something I like about Camp Melody is the unity between everyone here. You might not know someone but you know that they know God, and that’s pretty cool. You can be yourself.”
- Phillis was a “bully” before her camp experience. She used to mock people all ages, she was disrespectful to authority at home and in school. Now she helps others and is a big sister in a leadership group.
- Nina expressed that camp taught her to accept the challenges God put in her life instead of being bitter. Her step mom left her family, and then her dad got injured from a job so there was no money for anything. At an early age (11) she has to be a homemaker and care for everyone in her family while dad is trying to make ends met. She now understands that God is sovereign and He has a plan for her.
THANK YOU FOR MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN THESE BOYS AND GIRLS LIVES.
We need your help more than ever. We need your help to continue to have one free week of girls’ camp and one free week of boys’ camp. YOUR giving goes 100% to sponsoring campers. 100% of camp melody workers are volunteers! Every year the counselors and staff give their vacation week to serve Camp Melody. Will you help make camp possible again this year?
Sponsor a Camper
We need 125 people to sponsor one camper or teen counselor at the price of $250.00 per camper. The cost covers camp for the week, insurance, and transportation expenses. Please consider becoming a sponsor so that you will provide a camper with the week of a lifetime. Will you join us in this effort?
Check Payable to:
P.O. Box 363
New Egypt, NJ 08533
Luke 6:38, “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”
LOOKING AHEAD TO 2014!
GIRL’S CAMP: JUNE 24TH-27TH “Be Not Moved”
BOY’S CAMP: AUGUST 3RD-8TH
Join Us in Prayer
- What we are asking God for:
- Funds to sponsor each camper
- Camp will impact each camper’s life.
- Christian men and women who will volunteer for one week and serve as a camp counselor
- Good weather, as it is difficult to run the camp when it is poor weather conditions.
- Good health
Director’s corner: What an amazing week at camp 2013! It would take many pages to tell you all the testimonies of lives that have changed as a result of camp week. Here’s one: Timothy said:” It’s a godly atmosphere; people are for me, not against me. Our theme brotherhood is true: I can be myself and from the moment I wake up, the people around me love me.
It is hard to communicate the impact that your donations have made on the lives of these teens. We are blessed to be here to see their growth and ultimately, God’s plan for their lives. Please know that every dollar we receive goes directly to support the camp programs. Our counselors and support staff donate their time and expertise each year, many being here for 10-15 years, using their vacation time from their jobs to be here. Each one of you has helped to make Camp Melody possible. You are changing lives by supporting the camp and therefore, creating a better future for these boys and for our communities. It is difficult to express how much we appreciate your faithfulness to Camp Melody.
A special thank you to the following businesses:
- Z-Line for providing our Camp Melody Tee shirts for the past 14 years-The campers and staff look forward to their tee shirt each year!
- New Egypt Marketplace and Bridgeton WAWA donated snacks for our store-Camp would not be the same without the store (campers earn swords for snacks).
- Giant food stores gave us gift cards to help with lunch for our counselor-training day.
We are so thankful to everyone that had a part in making camp week 2013 a reality!
Our first year of girl’s camp has met all of our expectations and beyond! We had 30 campers and 17 counselors who volunteered their time. The counselors met throughout the year to plan the week “Oh, the Places You’ll Go”, including daily themes such as: safari and fiesta days. We have already received reports on the life changing impact that camp has had. Many of our girls were from an impoverished Philadelphia area. The mentor of this particular group, Miss Kim, told us the girls returned from camp wanting to make a difference in their communities; asking to clean an alleyway that was completely trashed. The change seems to be long term, according to Miss Kim. Prior to camp, these girls were non cooperative and rebellious. This shows the change God has made in their hearts.